Shelby Industries offers a variety of services when it comes to preparing metal, protecting it and applying an attractive, durable finish. We welcome opportunities to plate custom, small volume jobs or large scale production runs.
In-House Zinc Plating:
Shelby has a fully automated zinc plating line that is ideally situated to coat large or small parts. Shelby’s clear, alkaline zinc finish offers an additional Supersealer bath to give your part hours of extra performance under harsh conditions.
Key features include:
- An exceptional washing/cleaning system
- Large scale degreaser and phosphate cleaner removes tough oils and debris plus etches the metal surface to enhance bonding of zinc to the metal surface.
- A clear chromate top coat
- Bath size – 36” wide x 54” deep x 60” long
- 200 lbs. carrying capacity
- A Super Seal – Silicate Sealant final application to provide added corrosion protection
- Fully automated, programmable transporter hoists
- Exceptional process control (i.e. temperature and direct current) to enable us to apply variable thicknesses for most zinc plating needs.
- Corrosion testing in accordance with ASTM B17.
Salt spray testing evaluation
Additional protective coatings Shelby can deliver:
• Hot Dip Galvanizing
• Powder Coat Painting
• Nickel Plating
• Black Oxide
• Chrome Plating
Metal preparation services:
• Deburring / Tumbling
• Sand Blasting
• Heat treating